Thursday, April 18, 2013

4/16/2013

This morning I woke up because it seemed sort of warm in the house.  I thought about it and determined that the weather has been so goofy that the outside air must of dramatically warmed.  Linda had said something about it was going to be 60.  I thought she said next week but maybe I did not listen.
After reading for a few minutes I needed to get going.  I don't put my glasses on immediately so everything is a bit vague in the AM.  As I walked down the front stairs the front door was open.  It does not always latch properly.  Aah! that's why it was warm.  The door was open and the furnace was just running and running.  "Well, at least there are no animals in the house!"  Then I saw a large grey mass run into the living room, much bigger than a squirrel. 
Immediately I thought "what gun should I use to shoot this animal  and should I wake Linda up before I shoot?"  You should always take the first good shot and not doing that could result in that animal hiding deep in the treasures that fill our home.
Then it made a noise.  "Meow!"  Corey, the neighbor's cat (the Grants), perhaps the friendliest, nicest cat I've ever met was checking things out.  I can only hope that when he noticed that the door was open that he took a guard position, keeping all animals, large and small 'out.'   I'm really glad he did not come upstairs and jump on the bed when I was sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment